TEFL Vocabulary, Grammar and Communicative Skills.
If you are a beginner (A2 CEFR level) these British Council Podcasts are excellent for getting you started. As the week progresses I will post up other related work which will be appropriate for different levels of student ability. If you are an Intermediate level of student you may want to use this resource to revise and then extend your knowledge. Advanced students may just want to dip into the additional and other resources added during the week.
Find the audio link (MP3) right click and save it so you can listen to it whenever is convenient for you. The podcast comes with a support pack and transcript which is 22 pages long. Use this link:
Download and do the exercises.
Main Contents of Podcast This Week
- Talking about plans for the weekend.
- What famous person would you like to meet and why? Matt Groening, creator of the TV show and film 'The Simpsons'.
- Vocabulary quiz - topics e.g. things that you play, things that you make.
- Bridgit Keenan in India talks about Bollywood films (have lots of singing and dancing in them). They are very predictable and lively with happy endings.
- What would be your favourite holiday?
- Dialogue of Carolina from Venezuela preparing a special meal for her friends. She prepares 'guasacaca'.
- Telling/retelling a joke
Here is a summary of the main language points of the podcast. Try to get more practise with these language points during the week if you can:
- The verbs 'make' and 'do'. Make is used when preparing a food dish.
- What is a gap year?
- What do you call them? Try to describe what you want to say? (clove of garlic, plantains)
- 'Make yourselves at home' phrase to make people feel comfortable.
I will follow up with work that is related through the week. This work will be graded for different levels of student ability.